Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thankful



Well here it is, Thursday again, time to count my blessings.

Today I'm thankful that I made the commitment to do this every Thursday.  Because today is one of those days that it's hard to see past the problems.  I'm tired.  I have bills to pay.  I have work to do.  I'm frustrated.  I'm worried. 

But I am thankful today.

My house is messy, but I'm thankful that I have a house to clean.

My kitchen is a mess from this morning's rush to get out the door, but I'm thankful that I have food to prepare meals with.

I'm thankful that I was able to stay up late last night to finish helping my son with a school project, and spend the rest of the night on the couch with the baby.  (Darn teeth need to COME IN already!! That will make me REALLY thankful!)

I was able to take care of my family last night, and not have to worry about going to a "job" today.

Because my husband is a good provider and that allows me to stay home.

Because even when we don't know how everything is going to work out, God always does.  I have learned to not worry (most of the time that's easier said than done).

"Let Go and Let God"

When I feel that worry holding me down, I realize that I just need to let it go.  Because when I do, when I truly let go of the worry, everything turns out okay.  It always works out.  I have spent so much time worrying about things that I truly have no control over.

What a difference it makes in my own attitude to sit for a few minutes to intentionally reflect on the good things in my life.  My family, my friends, my health.

I'm ending this blog feeling so much better and so much more prepared to handle the rest of the day.


Now, on to happily pay bills, clean the house, cook & bake.

:-)

PS - I'm also thankful for the red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting that I baked last night.  Because that means I get to have cupcakes for lunch.  THAT makes me VERY happy

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment